Easy to make, great for getting kids involved, and created only with wholesome ingredients, these vegan chocolate bats pack lots of fibre, healthy fats and protein. They can be made in advance to keep in the fridge for any party or Halloween trick or treat, or as a simple and nutritious grab on the go snack.
For the balls:
100g (¾ cup) of almonds
10-15 medjool dates ,pitted
3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon of Udo’s Choice ultimate oil blend
1 tablespoon of nut butter of your choice
For the decoration:
6-8 classic oreos
White vegan chocolate chips
Dried raisins or cranberries
Black liquid icing
About ¼ cup of shredded coconut/cacao nibs/chocolate flakes for dusting
- Place the almonds into a food processor and blitz until you have a coarse flour. Add all the other ball ingredients and blitz again until you have sticky dough consistency.
- Roll the mixture into small golf ball sized balls, and dust them in either the shredded coconut, cacao nibs or chocolate flakes.
- Split the Oreos into 2 and break in half to create wings for the bats, before gently tucking the wings into the sides of the bats.
- Add the chocolate chips for eyes and use the black icing to draw the pupils.
- Slice the raisin or cranberries in half and pop them on as a nose. Enjoy!
Created by The Happy Skin Kitchen for Udo’s Choice