Bring some colour to your rice cereal cakes with these bright orange cereal pumpkins. Pair with a stick of liqourice for that extra detail.
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 280g (10oz) vegan marshmallows
- 120g (6 cups) puffed rice cereal
- 4 drops organic vegan orange food colouring
- 8 small pieces black or brown liquorice
- In a large saucepan, melt vegan butter. Pour in marshmallows and stir until completely melted. This may take several minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in cereal. Stir until well incorporated.
- Using a greased spatula, mix in the food colouring, stirring until completed coated.
- Grease your hands and scoop out the mixture about ¼ cup at a time. Mold into a sphere and manipulate into a pumpkin shape. Poke a hole in the top and stick in liquorice.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Recipe, styling and photography by Melissa Ann Haithcock of A Happy, Healthy Heart. @_ahappyhealthyheart | ahappyhealthyheart.com