This recipe for Witches Stew Minestrone Soup is perfect for a warming main meal for chilly late October evenings
- 300g (3 cups) macaroni
- 400g (2 cups) crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 250g (2 cups) green beans
- 700ml (3 cups) vegetable broth
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, drizzle olive oil, and heat over medium–high heat. Be sure that all vegetables are chopped evenly and in similar size. Pour onions into pot. Cook for about 7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add celery and carrots, stir and allow to cook for 5 more minutes. Add green beans and stir. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings, and bay leaf. Cover and allow to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Pour in the macaroni, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat and serve warm. Season.
Recipe, styling and photography by Melissa Ann Haithcock of A Happy, Healthy Heart. @_ahappyhealthyheart | ahappyhealthyheart.com