Nationwide chain Harvester have launched an extensive three-course vegan menu
The family-friendly restaurant now have five vegan mains and four desserts, accompanied by a range of extra options on the main menu, as well as their unlimited salad bar.
It’s the first time a major national restaurant brand of Harvester’s kind (casual dining), and size (nearly 200 restaurants) has offered such an extensive menu.
With options ranging from breakfast through to dinner, and including plant-based burgers, tangines, curries and desserts to name a few, the new Harvester vegan menu has been created with a bold flavour ethos in mind.
New additions to the vegan main menu include:
- Purist ‘Bleeding’ burger – an innovative Moving Mountains® burger, made up of plant-proteins and mushrooms to provide texture, herbs, spices and Vitamin B12 for extra nutrients, alongside beetroot juice.
- Beyond Bean Burger – a vegan version of Harvester’s veggie spiced chipotle bean burger, served with a melting, mature Violife slice, baby gem lettuce, tomato, burger sauce and a pickled chilli, packed into a toasted seeded bun with triple-cooked chunky chips
- Jamaican-style Katsu Curry – topped with breaded aubergine, sweet potato and cauliflower, with golden rice and beans, and a flat bread
Very often vegans have to forego dessert, but Harvester now offers numerous vegan dessert options. The options include:
- Vegan Sundae Best – another new addition, this sundae is a vegan version of a Harvester staple. Scoops of vanilla non-dairy iced dessert, drizzled with your choice of Belgian chocolate, raspberry or strawberry sauce.
- Blackcurrant mousse – served on a light biscuit base, alongside a scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Orange Slice – consisting of a brownie base and rich chocolate and orange mousse.
- Creamy Coconut and Black Cherry Rice Pudding – slowly cooked in coconut milk, and served with fruity black cherry compote.
Anneli Fereday, marketing manager at Harvester commented on the launch: “Veganism is the word on everyone’s lips at the moment, making January the perfect time to extend our vegan and vegetarian menu. With nearly 200 Harvester restaurants across the UK, we are making vegan and vegetarian dishes more accessible to everyone, so we’re really excited to hear what everyone thinks about our new dishes.”
Prices start at £6.99 for vegan mains, and £3.99 for desserts, all available to try now at Harvester restaurants across the UK.