These simple and easy to make cake bars are ideal for a not too sweet treat that will leave you feeling full without feeling guilty!
- 400g tin pureed pumpkin
- 60 ml (¼ cup) almond or other nut milk
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 heaped tsp mixed spice
- 35g (¼ cup) coconut sugar
- 1- 2 tbsp maple syrup — or to taste
- 112g (1 cup) coconut flour
- 50g (generous ¼ cup) dairy-free dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Mix together the pumpkin, nut milk, nut butter, mixed spice, coconut sugar and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well.
- Spread into an 8-inch square loose bottomed tin.
- Chill for 1 hour then remove from the fridge and cut into bars.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
Top Tip: Coconut flour can vary in texture so add a little more if the mixture seems too wet.
Per serving (60g) Calories: 100, Carbohydrates: 11.7g, Sugars: 7.4g, Salt: 0.03g, Fat: 5g Saturates: 2.6g, Protein: 1.4g
Taken from November 2018 (Issue 44) Vegan Life Magazine