Makes 1 wrapizza
Ingredients for the base:
- 80g (1 cup) chickpea flour
- 1 tsp mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 115ml (1/2 cup) water
- Oil (1/2 cup), for frying
Suggested topping ingredients:
- Broccoli florets
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Courgette, sliced
- Red peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Red onion
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large pan with teaspoon coconut oil or olive oil.
- Meanwhile make the base by adding the chickpea flour, herbs (optional), flaxseed (optional) with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix together to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the water to the mixing bowl and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Once the pan is smoking hot, pour in the mixture as you would for a pancake and tilt the pan until its evenly spread.
- Fry the base on each side for roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Whilst the base is cooking, slice all the ingredients you would like to top the wrapizza with.
- Once the base is complete remove from the pan and add another teaspoon of oil to the pan before adding all the veg ingredients including the mixed herbs (if using avocado don’t add this to the pan) to fry down for around 3-5 mins.
- Top your base with a large dollop of houmous and spread evenly.
- Now top with the fried veg and finish of with the sliced avocado, red onion and a pinch of chilli flakes, salt and pepper
Top Tip: You could always try guacamole instead of hummus! Get creative and have fun with your toppings.
Recipe from: Healthy Living James www.healthylivingjames.co.uk Instagram and Facebook @healthylivingjames
January 2018 (Issue 34) Vegan Life Magazine