Tomato ketchup is the perfect dip for sausage rolls and this healthier homemade recipe doesn’t contain any of the usual additives. Make your own ketchup using fresh tomatoes, red onion and garlic and serve with a few of our vegan snack sausage rolls.
Makes approx 400ml
- Wall’s Pastry Vegan Snack Sausage Rolls
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 30g soft brown sugar
- 200g tomato purée
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan, cook the onion, garlic and tomatoes in the olive oil for 10 minutes on a low heat. Season to taste.
- Add the tomato purée, vinegar, sugar and water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and once cooled down, blitz with a handheld blender.
- Press the ketchup through a fine sieve into a paring jug.
- Sterilise a bottle in boiling water for 5 minutes then pour the ketchup into the bottle.
- Serve with the sausage roll.
This ketchup will store in the fridge for up to a month
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Walls Pastry