These hot dog mummies made with vegan croissant dough are the perfect finger food for any Halloween party
Makes: 12 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes + 15 minutes
- 6 large vegan hotdogs
- 1 pack ready made vegan croissant dough
- Ketchup or mustard, to serve
- Cook the hot dogs according to pack instructions. Cut in half widthways and set aside to cool.
- Remove all the packaging from the croissant dough and unroll onto a floured surface.
- Using the point of a sharp knife, cut the dough into 36 long, thin strips.
- Take a hot dog half and begin to wind the strips of dough around it, leaving small gaps, to resemble bandages. Use 6 strips per sausage.
- When all the hot dogs are wrapped in the dough, bake in the oven, on a parchment lined baking sheet, at 200°C for 10 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm, with mustard dots for ‘eyes’ and ketchup ‘blood’