- 330g (2 cups) cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp chia seed mixed with 5 tbsp water
- 1 small white onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 225g (1 cup) kale – stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 small courgette
- 75g (½ cup) grated sweet potato
- Handful flatleaf parsley chopped
- Handful fresh basil chopped
- 50g (½ cup) gluten–free oats
- 5 tbsp rice flour
- 1 level tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Juice and zest 1 lemon
- 35g (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 1 heaped tsp of italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5, 375°F).
- Mix the chia seeds and water in a small dish and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Spiralise the courgette and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a food processor (or finely dice by hand) blitz the celery, onion and garlic, transfer to a pan and sweat lightly until softened.
- Remove chia seeds from the fridge and place all the remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use your hands to combine the mixture well.
- Shape into rounds and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 12 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with fresh rocket and a tomato, basil and red onion salad.
Per 100g Calories: 163, Carbohydrates: 22.0g, Sugars: 3.2g, Fat: 4.8g, Saturates: 0.6g, Protein: 6.4g, Salt: 0.35g
Taken from June 2018 (Issue 39) Vegan Life Magazine