It’s that time of year when the supermarkets start to release their festive sandwiches.
Why not try and make this shredded jackfruit ‘Turkey’ sandwich from Bonsan.
For the Jackfruit:
- 1 x 200g BONSAN Shredded Jackfruit
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
For the sandwich:
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or mashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil ghee
- 4 slices of brown/granary bread
- BONSAN Beetroot & Horseradish Pate
- Pour the olive into a pan until it sizzles, add the jackfruit, herbs, salt, sugar, and stir together well until the jackfruit is covered in the flavourings. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the butter onto the bread, followed by a generous helping of the beetroot pate, then the jackfruit, tomato, lettuce, and avocado. Top with another slice of bread and enjoy.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Bonsan