Subscribe today and receive a FREE GIFT:
Two bottle starter box from Splosh, worth £9.95

Issue-31-Digital-72dpi WEB

Jamie Oliver: “Vegans Do Annoy Me”

Celebrity Chef, Jamie Oliver, has told the Sunday Times that vegans annoy him. Jamie Oliver, AKA the Naked Chef, says that his restaurants have been targeted by 20 “scruffy, weird-looking fellas”.

Oliver claims that these activists put Ipads showing slaughtered animals in front of kids having spaghetti bolognese.

He said: “They hate me because we do stories about higher welfare meat, which I am deeply passionate about, but for them it is on or off — there ain’t no stepping stones, whereas I’m all about stepping stones.

“Vegans do annoy me, but I also do care for them.”

This sweeping generalisation is unlikely to go down well with the growing number of vegans in the UK.

Picture credit: News Corp Australia

Posted in

11 Comments

1. Hazel on August 7, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Jamie Oliver and his friend have annoyed me for ages with his programmes promoting ‘higher welfare meat’

2. Bee Perry on August 7, 2017 at 9:14 pm

meat is meaningless in 2017

3. Joy Beum on August 7, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Perhaps you are ill prepared to prepare delicious vegan cuisine.
    Take a course that will teach you to do so as you will be coming into contact with more and more vegans.

4. Evelyn on August 7, 2017 at 11:27 pm

I am proberly more intelligent than you

• tracy on August 8, 2017 at 10:54 am

I have always maintained the opinion that Jamie Oliver is a wanker

5. Jan on August 8, 2017 at 10:43 am

Well, I’m vegan, I’m not a scruffy fellow either.
    Poor show Mr Oliver.

I dont eat animal corpses, nor drink animal milk or eat their eggs or wear their skin, as I don’t want any animal to be raised and killed for that purpose and it is wholly unnecessary and the evidence shows they are sentient, they suffer, they have complex needs and family dynamics, and there is the environmental issues too.

6. Rachel on August 8, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Meat ,animal protein causes health problems and disease I don’t care how it was raised or what you’ve allowed it to graze on. Aside from the fact it’s no different than killing your dog or milking your dog. It’s cruel and uncalled for when there are plantbased options that are healthier and more cost effective. Shame on you Mr. Oliver

7. Elena on August 8, 2017 at 2:52 pm

While he gets annoyed, animals get killed.

8. Laura Radford on August 8, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Weird, scruffy looking fellas? Oooo the irony 😀

9. TJ on August 10, 2017 at 5:15 am

That kind of activism continues to give vegans a bad name and does nothing to persuade people not to eat meat and fish. There are better ways to persuade people than becoming that aggressive. Don’t assume all vegans support that kind of action.

• Jen on August 11, 2017 at 3:29 pm

When the kids of the future have to wear oxygen masks due to the air quality issues caused by the meat producing industry ( currently 140,000 deaths per year as a result of poor air quality) then maybe people will let go of how preachy vegans are. Veganism is not a life style choice for most it’s not like being gluten free it’s a stand against cruelty and suffering and damage to the planet. If only people felt as outraged about the mass desensitisation aimed at children to what meat is, as they do about vegans teaching the reality