- 700g Smooth potatoes (such as Desiree), cut into chunks
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, choppe
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1tbsp grated ginger
- 3tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tins of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green chilli- de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- In a large pan or casserole dish add the oil, onion, celery, carrot and chilli, cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the jerk seasoning, potatoes, thyme, ginger and red peppers and continue frying for a further 5 minutes. Now add the blackbeans, tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to boil and simmer away for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with a little salt to taste. Just before serving stir in the coriander and serve with vegan sour cream or yoghurt.
Recipe from Love Potatoes