- 200g (5–6 cups) water spinach or fresh spinach, chopped
- 200g (1 cup) firm tofu, cut in cubes or strips
- 150g (1 cup) pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp coriander ground
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- 1–2 tbsp soy sauce (Shoyu)
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave syrup or sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt fried onions for garnish
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok on medium high heat. Add chopped garlic, red chilli (if using), ground coriander, and pepper. Fry, stirring constantly, 1–2 min.
- Add tofu, stir well. Fry, stirring constantly, until tofu is golden brown and lightly crispy, 5–7 min.
- Mix in chopped pineapple, soy sauce, lime (or lemon) juice, and agave syrup (or sugar). Continue to stir-fry until pineapple is lightly braised, 3–4 min.
- Add spinach. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium. Fry, partially covered, stirring regularly, until spinach shrinks and reaches desired softness, 2–5 min. Mix in salt. Remove from heat. Cover until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fried onions. Serve with rice.
Taken from March 2017 (Issue 24) Vegan Life Magazine
Recipes and images from : The Lotus and the Artichoke, Malaysia Author Justin P. Moore