Creamy Leek, Pea and Spinach Risotto
To celebrate Plant Power Day on the 5th March, Alpro has created this delicious Creamy Leek, Pea and Spinach Risotto recipe. The day is all about inspiring the nation to ‘Go Big On Plants’ by adding more plant-based foods to their plates, all day – because this way of eating is good for people, and good for our planet.
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 300g Arborio rice
- 500ml Alpro Soya Unsweetened drink
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, plus extra wedges to serve
- 100g spinach
- 200g peas
- 50g Vegan Parmesan, optional, plus extra to serve
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped to serve
- Put the stock into a medium saucepan and gently warm through, keep on a low heat until ready to use. In a large deep casserole, heat a glug of oil over a medium heat and add the onion and leeks. Gently fry for 10 minutes until soft and starting to turn translucent, season with salt and pepper. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the rice starts to turn clear.
- Turn the heat up and start slowly stirring in a ladle of stock at a time. Stirring with a wooden spoon constantly and letting the stock absorb into the rice. Once the stock has been added, slowly add the Alpro Soya Unsweetened drink. Keep cooking on a medium heat, stirring regularly until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, spinach and peas and season to taste. If using vegan parmesan, stir in the cheese now and garnish with the parsley, extra lemon wedges and Parmesan.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Alpro
Use #PlantPowerDay to share your creations on social media