Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp peeled and finely chopped ginger
- 60g (4 stalks) lemongrass, cut in half lengthwise
- 144g (about 2 cups) mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, cut into ⅛-inch slices
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ⅛-inch slices
- 320g (2 cups) broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tamari
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 200g (2 cups) edamame and mung bean fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 10g (¼ cup) chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups water, lemongrass, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, and chile and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrot, broccoli, tamari, and salt and return to a boil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat.
- To serve, remove the pieces of lemongrass, stir in the fettuccine and lime juice, and garnish with coriander.
Top Tip: Explore® brand makes the pasta called for in this recipe and it’s available at health food stores and online. Other whole-grain noodles can be easily substituted, such as soba, angel hair, or spaghetti noodles.
Per serving (234g) Calories: 257, Carbohydrates: 18.1g, Sugars: 7.1g, Fat: 7.5g, Saturates: 1.2g, Protein: 25.6g, Salt: 2.5g
Recipes excerpted from: Ageless Vegan: The Secret to Living a Long and Healthy Plant-Based Life by Tracye McQuirter, MPH with Mary McQuirter. Copyright © 2018. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
Taken From July 2018 (Issue 40) Vegan Life Magazine