- 500g canned green lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 20g Linwoods milled chia seed
- 40g porridge oats
- 100g finely grated carrot, squeeze to remove excess water
- 40g smooth almond butter
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor 4-5 times.
3. Place into a bowl and mix fully using your hands.
4. Divide mixture to form 4 evenly sized balls.
5. Press each ball between the palms of your hands to form patties.
6. Fry patties in a large non stick pan with melted coconut oil for 3 minutes per side. Place into the oven for 8 – 10 minutes to heat through.
7. Serve with toppings of choice in a bun, on a salad or between some large lettuce leaves!