This sauce is literally amazing. I do so many things with it from mac & cheese to nachos to supreme fries, to cheesy mushroom bacun tempeh dogs. Whatever you want cheese sauce for, this has you covered.
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 1 tsp Truffle infused olive oil (if you don’t have this you can just leave it out)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp kamut flour or spelt flour
- 120ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 2 heaped tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- In a sauce pan on medium/high heat, melt the dairy-free butter and truffle oil, add the minced garlic, turn heat down to medium – low heat. Stir constantly and add flour. Keep whisking so the butter does not burn and the flour dissolves into the mixture.
- Add the almond milk and continue to whisk, turn heat back up to medium/high. Keep stirring occasionally as the sauce gets thicker. Once the sauce gets thicker turn the heat off.
- Keep stirring and add in turmeric and nutritional yeast.
Serve with your favourite macaroni pasta, as a sauce or a dip!
Spicy Tip: Add smoked paprika and chilli flakes to make a spicy version.
Recipe and images courtesy of www.soulhappie.com