Mac ‘n’ Cheese with ‘Bacon’ Bits
This Mac ‘n’ Cheese recipe by Nush! is super simple yet really creamy and delicious – a great mid-week meal.
- 500g (18oz) gluten free dried pasta shapes
- 2 pots of Nush Chive Almond M*lk Cheese
- 90g (3.2oz) Vegan Bacon
- 2 tbsp of fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 175ml (scant 3/4 cup) dairy-free milk
- 50g (1.8oz) dairy-free cheese (grated)
- Chilli flakes
- Begin by heating a large saucepan of water and cooking the pasta as per instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to ensure it doesn’t cook any further.
- Meanwhile fry the ‘bacon’ in a pan for a few minutes until cooked and allow to cool slightly before cutting 3/4 of it into large chunks and dice the rest to sprinkle on top once finished.
- Now, to make the sauce, heat a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the Nush cheese, 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, garlic granules, black pepper, salt, milk and dairy-free cheese.
- Whisk until smooth and let simmer for a few minutes until hot and melted.
- Stir through the drained pasta and larger bacon chunks.
- Top with diced bacon, the remaining fresh chives and chilli flakes. Enjoy!
Recipe and images Courtesy of Nush Foods