This sorbet makes a light and refreshing dessert or a tasty snack – the choice is yours!
For the Mango-Coconut-Lime Sorbet
- 300g (2 cups) frozen mango chunks
- 125ml (½ cup) full-fat canned coconut cream (white portion only)
- 1-2 tsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
For the Raspberry-Banana Sorbet
- 300g (2¹∕³ cups) frozen raspberries
- 1 medium banana at room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, or to taste
- Chill the can of full-fat coconut milk for 24 hours before you begin.
- Make the mango-coconut-lime sorbet in a heavyduty food processor, process the frozen mango and coconut cream until creamy (2-4 minutes), stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the lime juice to taste. Spoon the mango sorbet into a bowl and pop it into the freezer while you prepare the raspberry sorbet.
- Make the raspberry-banana sorbet in the food processor, process the frozen raspberries and the banana until creamy (2-4 minutes), stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the maple syrup and process again. Retrieve the mango sorbet from the freezer. Layer both sorbets in parfait glasses and serve immediately. This sorbet is best enjoyed right away, but you can spoon leftovers into ice pop moulds (being sure to press out air bubbles) and freeze for about 6 hours to make ice pops.
Taken from March 2017 (Issue 24) Vegan Life Magazine
Recipes and images from Oh She Glows Every day by Angela Liddon