Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
Fry’s Mediterranean Veg and Bean Country-Style Pie is loaded with sweet red peppers, courgettes, aubergine, tomatoes, quinoa and beans. Serve with a fresh three bean salad on the side – an easy vegan meal which can be prepared in minutes!
- 1 Fry’s Mediterranean Veg & Bean Country-Style Pie
- 60g (1/3 cup) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 60g (1/3 cup) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 50g (1/3 cup) string green beans, end chopped and thinly sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ cup loosely packed, fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp fresh finely chopped rosemary
- 60ml (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the three different types of beans, the celery, onion, parsley, and rosemary.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans – toss to coat.
- Chill the salad in the fridge for a few hours, allowing the beans to soak up the flavour of the dressing.
- Heat up the pie so that it is warmed through and serve with the salad.