For a Mexican feast, these chicken-style topped nachos are bound to hit the spot. Simply fry your favourite plant-based schnitzels and vegetable strips in a little oil and smother on top of the nachos alongside plenty of vegan cheese, guacamole and salsa. Add a squeeze of lime juice and a dollop of hot sauce for a truly authentic Mexican taste, with a fraction of the saturated fat, calories and environmental impact.
- 2 Fry’s Golden Crumbed Schnitzels
- 200g lightly salted tortilla chips
- 1 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Black olives
- Lime wedges
- Hot sauce
For the guacamole
- 2 avocados, mashed
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Place the Golden Crumbed Schnitzels under a preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once. When the schnitzels are golden, remove them from the grill and slice into strips, about 1cm thick.
- To make the guacamole, combine the mashed avocado, onion, garlic, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Slice the green pepper, halve the olives and pit them if required.
- Place the tortilla chips in a bowl and top them with the Schnitzel strips, guacamole, black beans, green pepper, salsa, black olives, lime wedges and hot sauce.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Fry’s Family Foods