These irresistible no-bake mini cheesecakes make a really cute dessert. They are easy to make and can be prepared in advance.
Makes 10-12 individual desserts (depending on the size of your muffin tin)
For the crust
- 100g (¾ cup) pecan nuts
- 100g (½ cup) medjool dates, pitted (approximately 8)
- 75g (¾ cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Zest 1 lemon
- Pinch salt
For the filling
- 125g (7 /8 cup) cashew nuts, soaked overnight (or for at least 4 hours) and then drained through a sieve
- 60ml (¼ cup) coconut oil, melted
- 200ml (1 cup) organic, tinned coconut milk (half a standard 400ml tin)
- 150g (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- Juice 1 lemon
- 80ml (¹∕³ cup) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Fresh raspberries or any berries of your choice.
- Begin by soaking the nuts. Place your cashews in a bowl and add enough water to cover them. Cover and soak for approximately 4 hours.
- Cut thin strips of baking paper and lay a strip in each cavity of the muffin tin. The paper will act as a little handle to lift out the cheesecake.
- Make the crust by placing all the ingredients in a food processor. Whizz until smooth. Add a drop of boiling water if the mixture looks a little too sticky.
- Tip the crust mixture into the prepared muffin tin and pat down to create a thin, even layer in each section.
- Place the tin in the freezer for 2-3 hours to allow the base of the cheesecake to harden (which will make it easier to load with filling).
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Rinse and drain the soaked nuts. Wipe out the food processor and blitz the cashews.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Taste the mixture and add more lemon juice or maple syrup as required.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and pour some filling mixture on top of each base crust. Level out the fillings then place the tin back in the freezer for a minimum of 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Approximately 30 minutes before you are ready to serve the cheesecakes, remove the tin from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecakes, remove them from the tin and place on a plate decorated with fresh berries.
Taken from March 2017 (Issue 24) Vegan Life Magazine
Recipes from Kate Sandat Photography from Stacey Andrews, Pixie & Willow Photography