Makes 8-10 slices
- 2 eggs (substitute for vegan options like banana, flaxseed or egg replacer)
- 25g (¼ cup) coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 35g (⅓ cup) raw cacao powder
- 120ml (½ cup) hulled tahini or almond butter
- 60ml (¼ cup) maple or rice malt syrup
- 120ml (½ cup) Califia Farm XX Espresso
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 40g (⅓ cup) dark chocolate (70-85%), chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tin with baking paper. Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Once whisked, add the coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and raw cacao powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in the tahini, maple or rice malt syrup, Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee XX Espresso and chia seeds. Mix until combined. Stir through the chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the lined baking tin. Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes. To check if the brownie is cooked, insert a skewer. If it comes out clean, the brownie is ready.
- Remove the tin from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt or coconut ice-cream.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Califia Farms