- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450g (4 cups) baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 350ml (1½ cups) vegetable stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 120ml (½ cup) soya cream
- 3 tbsp flour mixed with water to form a smooth paste
- 450g (2 1/4 cups) tagliatelle pasta, cooked
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp truffle oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook until they release their juices and become soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, paprika, soy sauce or tamari and thyme, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to mediumlow and simmer until the liquid has reduced by a third, this will take about 10 minutes. Mix in the soya cream and flour paste. Continue to simmer until
the sauce thickens, another 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, rinse and return the pasta back to the pot. Add the truffle oil to the mushroom sauce and then pour sauce over the pasta and stir to coat. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley and a drizzle of truffle oil. Serve immediately.
Per 100g Calories: 182, Carbohydrates: 29.0g, Sugars: 1.7g, Fat: 4.3g, Saturates: 0.6g, Protein: 6.3g, Salt: 0.38