Ditch the mince for a plant alternative. These collard wraps are meat-free and dairy-free – just veggies with a spicy tahini dressing. Prep the filling over the weekend then batch out for easy weekday lunches and dinners.
- 125g (1 cup) walnuts
- 125g (1 cup) mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 12g (4 tbsp) nutritional yeast
For the Spicy Tahini Dressing
- juice of 1 lemon
- 80ml (1/3 cup) tahini
- 1 tbsp Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- salt to taste
- Fillings: cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, avocado, cilantro, spicy tahini dressing
- Blend or finely chop your walnuts and mushrooms. Place in a medium-hot skillet for 1-2 minutes. Add your garlic powder, paprika, chilli powder, hot sauce, almond milk and nutritional yeast. Mix well and let the mushrooms and walnut sauté for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, in a bowl mix tahini, hot sauce, lemon juice, almond milk and salt for your dressing.
- Prep you wrap ingredients, stem your collard wraps and blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Slice your cucumbers, avocado and bell pepper. Assemble! Add all your components for the wraps and wrap like a burrito. Slice in half and serve with the tahini dressing.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Califia Farms