This recipe does not contain any processed sugar, fat or dairy, which makes it the perfect treat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 mignardises
- 150g (1 cup) toasted hazelnuts
- 100g (½ cup) dried apricots
- 1 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. chocolate extract (optional)
- On a baking tray, spread out the hazelnuts and bake at 180°C (Gas Mark 4, 350°F) for 10 to 12 minutes. Omit this 1st step if your hazelnuts have already been toasted.
- Take the hazelnuts out of the oven and wait until they have chilled a little to remove the very thin and brown layer on top of each ones.
- Place the hazelnuts in your food processor and blend until the nuts are finely ground. Transfer into a bowl.
- Slice the apricots into small chunks and blend until it becomes a paste (if the apricots are too dry leave them in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes before blending).
- Add the ground hazelnuts into the blender with the cacao powder, salt, vanilla extract and chocolate extract (optional) and mix until it becomes sticky.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, you can hide a little hazelnut in the centre of each one if desired.
- Place the Mignardises into the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge! Et voila!
Recipe by Mimie’s Delicacies