This hearty stew proves that there is no need for meat in your meal. The rich, thick gravy is satisfying and comforting and will warm you up on those chilly evenings.
We’ve added some delicous Oumph! ‘The Chunk’ pieces to give this dish added bite.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 200g white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp yeast extract
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 120ml (1 cup) water
- 200g (1½ cups) cooked peas (if frozen, rinse under warm water to defrost)
- 1 280g bag Oumph! ‘The Chunk’
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
- Mashed potato
- Heat 120ml of water in a soup pot over medium-high heat. When the water starts to bubble, add the onions, carrots, parsnips and celery, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Stir in the mushrooms and garlic, and continue to cook while stirring for 5 minutes more, adding water as needed.
- Add the stock, tomato paste, and paprika, and bring to a boil, uncovered. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the rosemary, thyme, mustard and yeast extract. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the carrots are tender.
- At this point, add ‘The Chunk’ pieces to the stew and cook thill they are warmed through then add the peas and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the parsley and serve with mashed potato.