We have used shredded Oumph! pieces here, to replicate traditional pulled pork tacos. The pickled cabbage helps to cut through the smokiness of the BBQ sauce.
Makes: 8 tacos
For the pickled red cabbage
- 240ml (1 cup) White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 100g (1 cup) red cabbage, shredded
For the pulled ‘pork’
- 1 280g bag of Oumph! ‘The Chunk’ defrosted
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 120ml (1/2 cup) Passata
- 100g (1/2 cup) Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 8 crispy taco shells
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Tomato Salsa
- Firstly, to make the pickled cabbage, put the vinegar, sugar and fennel seeds in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat, add the red cabbage and leave to cool.
- To make the pulled ‘pork’, simply pull the Oumph! chunks apart with your fingers, to create the ‘pulled’ texture.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan over a medium heat. Add the Oumph! , fry for 1-2 minutes, and then add the soy sauce and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the passata, soft brown sugar, Worcester sauce, liquid smoke and smoked paprika to the Oumph!. Cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken and go sticky.
- To serve, fill the taco shells with the lettuce and pulled Oumph!, and top with guacamole, tomato salsa, and the pickled cabbage.