- 100g Pearl farro (or pearl spelt), uncooked
- 225g Sugar snap peas
- 125g Fresh podded peas (or frozen petit pois)
- 1 jar Sacla’ Free From Basil Pesto
- 1 lemon, grated zest and 1 tbsp of juice
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 big handfuls of Rocket
- Black pepper
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Shavings of vegan Parmesan to serve
- Put the farro in a bowl, cover with cold water to soak for 15 minutes.
- Carefully peel off and discard any stringy bits from sides of sugar snaps.
- Drain farro and tip into a saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to boil over medium heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes until soft – go by texture rather than timing.
- Drain well and leave to cool.
- You can use the same saucepan for next step (wipe out the saucepan first) or use a new saucepan. Boil sugar snap and podded peas in salted, boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked. Drain and quickly run under cold water for 30 seconds to stop cooking and cool down. Drain again, shaking off any water.
- Put Sacla’ Pesto, lemon juice and 2tbsp of oil in a mixing bowl then add the farro, sugar snaps and podded peas and stir until everything is combined.
- Toss in the rocket and season to taste and divide between salad bowls.
- Drizzle with rest of the oil and tear a few basil leaves over the top then scatter with lemon zest and vegan Parmesan then finish with a grind of pepper.
Recipe and Image Courtesy of Sacla’ Italia.