- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 2x 400g tins chickpeas, drained
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp veg stock powder
- 1 x tin coconut milk
- 1 x tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- Jumbo peanuts, unsalted
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a pan on a medium heat with the olive oil and add the crushed garlic, onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook down for a couple minutes.
- Add all the spices, peanut butter, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Stir well and fry together for a couple minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk and the veg stock powder and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low heat for 15 minutes (lid off) making sure to give it a stir ever 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes (or to your desired consistency).
- Meanwhile dry fry a handful of the jumbo peanuts until lightly browned to serve on top.
Top Tip: Serve by topping the curry with jumbo peanuts and some fresh coriander.
Per 100g Calories: 135, Carbohydrates: 8.0g, Sugars: 2.3g, Fat: 8.7g, Saturates: 3.8g, Protein: 4.8g, Salt: 0.18g
Recipe from: Healthy Living James www.healthylivingjames.co.uk Instagram and Facebook @healthylivingjames
January 2018 (Issue 34) Vegan Life Magazine