Perfect Vegan Scramble
Recipe by Chef Anton Petrov chefantonpetrov.com
200g fermented chickpea slurry*
200g soft tofu, lightly crumbled
2 banana shallots, peeled and finely chopped
100g good quality olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Put a medium sautéing pan on a large hob at medium heat.
- Add a dash of olive oil and add chopped shallots. Sauté the shallots for 2-3 minutes, to just soften them up.
- Now add the tofu and gently mix with the shallot, add a pinch of salt. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Shake the slurry and start adding to the pan, gradually incorporating it into the tofu mixture.
- The key is to have lively custard-like chunks of tofu mixed with delicate dairy-like chickpea mixture, and to let it set just enough to still be creamy and slightly runny.
- Season with salt and fresh pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil, and perhaps a dash of freshly chopped parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve it on toast.
Voila! Bon appetite!
*Fermented Chickpea Slurry Recipe
- 250g gram flour
- 1.5 ltr water
- 1 tbsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a pot, cover with a lid and leave to ferment in a warm (ideally) dark cupboard for 48-60 hours (depending on storage temperature). Check and give a quick whisk every 24 hrs.
- Once ready, store in the fridge. I prefer to keep the mix in a bottle. So you have your PlantBased pasteurized egg in your fridge at immediate disposal.