Switch your traditional pizza dough for this raw alternative topped with vegan Parmigiano, vegetables and sweet pepper sauce
- 100g (3½ oz) walnuts, soaked overnight
- 140g (5 oz) sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 180g (6½ oz) flax seeds, ground coarsely
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sweet Pepper Sauce
- 1 red pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 5 drops stevia
- Fresh or dried herbs: basil, oregano
- No-cheese Parmigiano
- 280g (10 oz) macadamia nuts
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 125ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Black olives
- Red and yellow peppers
- Red onion
- Garlic and olive oil to marinate
- Prepare the parmigiano the night before. Soak the nuts in water for half an hour to soften. Drain well and process the nuts in a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Don’t over-blend or you will end up with nut butter. Spread thinly on two sheets of parchment paper and dry overnight in a dehydrator until the cheese is fully dry
- To make the sauce, process the ingredients together.
- To make the crust, process ingredients through a masticating juicer using the blank attachment, or alternatively process in food processor.
- Alternate nuts, seeds and herbs to combine thoroughly.
- Place between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out thinly.
- Remove top sheet and place in dehydrator for 3 hours. Then turn over the crusts. Continue dehydrating for 3 more hours until dry.
- Once done, spread the sweet pepper sauce over the base and layer with the toppings and parmigiano.
Recipe and image from Raw by Bernadette Bohan, published by Gill & Macmillan available to purchase on Amazon. changesimply.com