- 150g (1 cup) cashews
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 red tomatoes
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 12g (1/4 cup) nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 large potato
- 18g (generous 1/4 cup) shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 60ml (1⁄4 cup) Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
Toppings and Garnish (optional)
- Pico de gallo, guacamole, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, tortilla chips
- Start by heating up a pan with water until it boils, add cashews and let simmer until the cashews are soft. Strain and set aside. (You can also soak your cashews overnight with water, you just need them soft).
- In the meantime, set up your oven to broiler and roast your tomatoes, jalapeños and onions for about 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are charred.
- In a blender or food processor, mix your soft cashews, charred jalapeño, tomato and onions, nutritional yeast, 1/2 steamed potato, carrots, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and almondmilk. Blend for about 10-15 minutes (or more) until a thick and creamy dip forms.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving with tortilla chips, pico de gallo and guacamole.
Top Tip: It may take a while to blend everything together to make it a creamy queso like consistency, be patient!
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Califia Farms