Filled with falafel and tasty veg, this bowl of goodness is perfect for lunch. Top with a helping of Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot mixed with a little harissa, and sprinkle with chickpeas to serve.
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 1 pouch of steamed brown rice
- 6 falafels
- 1 roasted pepper, from a jar, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 10 baby carrots peeled
- A handful of green or black olives
- 2 heaped tbsp Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 2 wedges of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen towel. Place in a bowl and add in the cumin, garlic granules, olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat in the spices and roast in the oven on a flat baking tray for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, spoon into 2 bowls.
- Top the bowls with the falafel, sliced avocado, sliced red pepper, sliced red onion, rocket, olives and baby carrots.
- Spoon the Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot into the middle and top each bowl with a little of the harissa marbling this into the dressing.
- Sprinkle over the chickpeas and serve.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Alpro