Serves 4 as a main or 8 as a side
- 55g (1/4 cup) mustard
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 320g (8 cups) mixed greens
(whatever you like—we prefer
crunchy things like radicchio and
romaine; throw in some arugula
scraps for good measure)
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, pitted,
and sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, sliced into very
- 1 x 400g tin (15oz) tin chickpeas,
drained and rinsed
- 2 roasted portobello mushrooms
- Prepare the Dressing: Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Done.
- Prepare the Salad: Throw together all the salad ingredients, except the portobellos, in a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and use tongs to toss.
- When ready to serve, place the dressed greens on a plate and add the sliced, warm portobellos. That’s all there is to it!
Calories: 126, Carbohydrates: 9.6g, Sugars: 2.2g, Fat: 7.4g, Saturates: 1.2g, Protein: 3.0g, Salt: 0.67g
Excerpted from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook, 10th Anniversary Edition by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. Copyright ©2017.
Febuary 2018 (Issue 35) Vegan Life Magazine