- 900g Smooth potatoes (such as Desiree), peeled and cubed
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 3tbsp masala curry paste
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 2 onions, sliced
- tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- In a large pan or casserole pot gently cook the onion for 5 minutes in the sunflower oil.
- Next add the garlic, ginger, garam masala and curry paste, continue cooking for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas and give them a stir in the lovely spices making sure everything is coated.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a steady simmer. At this stage add a little salt and milled pepper.
- Continue cooking until the potatoes are soft. If the sauce feels a little dry just add a little water.
- Just before serving stir in the spinach and coriander and serve with yoghurt.
Recipe from Love Potatoes.com