Need a quick and easy meal for dinner? Then this pronto pasta is the dish for you!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 325g (11oz) dried tagliatelle
- 450g (2¼ cup) large ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 1 small bunch of basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil to a large sauté pan, then arrange the tagliatelle nests in the pan in a single layer. Scatter over the tomatoes, spring onions, garlic and chilli flakes. Pour over the 4 cups of water and season really well with salt and pepper.
- Place over a high heat, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Remove the lid once boiling and cook over a high heat for 10–12 minutes, tossing the pasta regularly until it is al dente and the liquid has been almost all absorbed.
- Stir through the basil leaves, season to taste with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the remaining oil. Take in the pan to the table to serve.
Taken from March 2017 (Issue 24) Vegan Life Magazine
Recipes and images from Simply Dairy Free Author Lesley Waters