This recipe for puff pastry with fennel and turnip greens by Jessica Nedal makes for a really easy but flavoursome meal
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch turnip greens, chopped
- Flour for rolling out
- 1 x 397g (14 oz) pack vegan puff pastry
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the fennel and sauté for a few minutes until softened. Add the garlic, onion and turnip greens. Continue to sauté until the turnip greens are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and then remove from the heat.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to a rectangle approximately 25 x 38 cm (10 x 15 inches) and transfer to the baking sheet. Spread out the fennel and turnip green mixture, leaving a 2.5cm (1-inch) border around the edge for it to puff up during baking. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is flaky and just starting to brown. Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
Recipe from Greens 24/7 by Jessica Nadel, with photography by Jackie Sobon. Published by Apple Press, £14.99.