Serves 4 as a side dish or 2 as a main meal
- 200g (1 cup) quinoa
- 25g (1 packed cup) chopped fresh parsley
- 150g (1 cup) finely diced cucumber
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 6 sun dried tomatoes
- 75g (¾ cup) sliced closed cup mushrooms
- 85ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp
- 25g (½ cup) sliced spring onions
- Juice 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa, add to a small saucepan and cover with an inch of boiling water.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 12-15 minutes until soft and fluffy and all the water has evaporated. Leave to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the sliced mushrooms to a large frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper and fry gently until tender – about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled quinoa to a large serving dish and separate the grains with a fork.
- Add the cucumber and spring onions to the quinoa, pour over the lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the chopped herbs to the quinoa, season to taste and drizzle with the olive oil. Stir well to combine.
- Top the quinoa with the cooked mushrooms.
- Slice each tomato in half and arrange amongst the mushrooms.
- Scatter with extra parsley to serve.
Per 100g Calories: 238, Carbohydrates: 18.0g, Sugars: 2.7g, Fat: 16.0g, Saturates: 2.1g, Protein: 5.4g, Salt: 0.23g
Recipe from: The CNM Natural Chef Kitchen at the College of Naturopathic Medicine. You can study at CNM to become a Natural Health Practitioner, a Natural Chef or a Vegan Natural Chef. www.naturopathy-uk.com
June 2018 (Issue 39) Vegan Life Magazine