Fast And Easy Food Doesn’t Mean Scrimping On Flavour And These One Pot Wonders Will Show You How!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 125g (1 cup) French beans, trimmed and cut into lengths
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 250g (1¼ cups) paella rice
- 500ml (2 generous cups) hot vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 175g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 175g (1 cup) olives, pitted
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan and add the onions and garlic. Sauté until beginning to soften before adding the rest of the vegetables. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, bay leaves and rice (and chilli, if using) to the vegetables in the pan, and stir to ensure the rice has a light coating of oil.
- Pour in the hot stock, and add the tomatoes, olives and some seasoning. Mix everything together well once and leave to cook, not stirring, for 12 minutes, over a medium heat.
- After this time, taste the rice to check that it’s cooked (it should still have a slight firmness) and stir through the parsley.
- Serve straight from the pan, garnished with lots of lemon wedges and a green salad.
Per serving (316g) Calories: 382, Carbohydrates: 61g, Sugars: 8.5g, Salt: 2.8g, Fat: 9.2g Saturates: 1.5g, Protein: 10g
Taken from November 2018 (Issue 44) Vegan Life Magazine