Rainbow Veggie Wraps
While Freshers’ Week may look a little different this year, the team at Violife wanted to share with you some delicious budget and time-friendly recipes which are perfect for students looking to cook up a storm.
From crunchy Rainbow Veggie Wraps to a quick and easy one-pot Vegan Mac & Cheese, and even an irresistible Double Cheese Pizza. These recipes from Violife are great vegan-friendly alternatives to classic student favourites that will be sure to earn brownie points with your flatmates!
PREP TIME: 10 mins
- 1 pack Violife Original Slices (RRSP £2.50 Available at: Asda, Coop, Holland & Barrett, Sainsburys & Sainsburys Local, M&S, Morrisons, Tesco & Tesco Express, Waitrose, and Ocado)
- 2 multigrain tortillas
- 8 large leafy green lettuce leaves
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
FOR THE DIP :
- 1 pack Violife Creamy Original
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 115ml water
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Lime wedges, to serve
- To make the rolls, top each tortilla with lettuce leaves, hummus, 1/2 slice of Violife original and divide the vegetables among the wraps. Roll up the tortilla as tight as possible and slice into rolls.
- To make the dip combine all the ingredients and pulse in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle rolls with the dip or simply serve with the dip and sprinkle with coriander leaves.