- 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk removed
- 100g (1 cup) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the dressing:
- 60ml (¼ cup) tamari
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Place the mushrooms and courgette in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Pour over the mushrooms and courgettes and mix to coat everything well.
- When ready to serve, mix the spring onions into the rice and pile the mushroom mixture on top. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges. Alternatively, mix the mushroom and courgette mixture into the cauliflower and spring onions and top with coriander before serving.
Per 100g Calories: 38, Carbohydrates: 4.4g, Sugars: 3.3g, Fat: 0.9g, Saturates: 0.2g, Protein: 2.4g, Salt: 0.99g
Taken from June 2018 (Issue 39) Vegan Life Magazine