Makes 1 5x10x3″ tray
- 210g (1 ½ cups) raw almonds
- 340g (1 ½ cups) pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
For Mocha Cream
- 360ml (1 ½ cups) Califia’s Cocoa Noir Cold Brew
- 300g (approx.) (2 cups) nuts of your choice
- 60ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 120ml (½ cup) coconut oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 160ml (2/3 cup) coconut oil, room temperature
- 25g (¼ cup) coco powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 30g (¼ cup) cacao nibs
- Cover the nuts of your choice with the Cocoa Noir. Leave in the fridge to soak for at least 5 hours or overnight. After the nuts have soaked you can begin your crust.
- Line a 5x10x3” baking pan with baking paper.
- Add your raw almonds into a food processor or blender and blitz until coarsely ground. Add in your dates, coconut oil and salt. Blitz until fully combined and the mixture can be easily stuck together with your fingers.
- Pour base out into your prepared pan, press firmly and evenly over the bottom. Freeze until your mocha cream is ready. To make your mocha cream add your soaked nuts and Cocoa Noir they have been soaking in, into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth then add in your maple syrup, coconut oil and salt. Blend until light and creamy.
- Pour mocha cream over the base layer and smooth evenly with the back of a spoon. Place back in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour. Once your mocha cream layer has set you can make your chocolate layer. Simply mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the mocha layer and sprinkle with cacao nibs before the chocolate hardens. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Store in the freezer.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Califia Farms