These tasty wraps make a great packed lunch for a splash of colour and flavour.
Makes 8 wraps
- 150g (3 cups) grated carrot (or carrot pulp from your juicer)
- 225g (1½ cups) ground flax meal
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 2 tsp nigella (black onion) seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, stalks removed and leaves very finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp tamari
You will also need:
- Food dehydrator
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until very smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto baking parchment or non-stick dehydrator sheets as evenly as possible.
- Transfer to the dehydrator and dry at 40°C for around 4 hours. After this time, remove the paper, if using, and flip over the wrap sheets to ensure they dry evenly.
- Continue dehydrating for another 2 hours or so — you want them to be dry but still flexible. They may feel crisp at the edges but these can be trimmed off.
- When they have finished drying, cut the wraps into strips and store in a zip lock food bag for up to 3 days. The flexibility of these wraps will improve after 24 hours of storage.
Top Tip: If you don’t have a dehydrator, use your oven on a low heat, around 130ºC/250ºF/Gas ½
Per Serving (53g)
Calories: 68, Carbohydrates: 5g, Sugars: 0.8g, Salt: 0.32g, Fat: 4.6g Saturates: 0.4g, Protein: 2.9g
Taken from January 2019 (Issue 46) Vegan Life Magazine