Nothing can beet this pancake recipe! Pun totally intended as the pink hue comes from our secret ingredient – beetroot. People will marvel at this pancake stack, we guarantee it.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 pre-cooked beetroots
- 250 g gluten-free flour like buckwheat
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop, Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml almond or cashew drink
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50ml sparkling water
- 200ml plant-based alternative to yoghurt
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 125 g blackberries
- 4 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- Soak the flaxseed in 3 tbsp lukewarm water for 5 minutes. Cut 2 1/2 beetroots into pieces and blend until a smooth puree. Cut the remaining beetroot into small cubes and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, Vega® Essentials and salt in a bowl. Stir through the beetroot puree, almond or cashew drink, soaked flaxseed, sparkling water and maple syrup. Whisk or blend in a blender until combined.
- Grease a pan and once hot add a couple of Tbsp of batter. Make sure the pan is not fully covered. Fry at medium heat, once the batter is bubbling, flip, and cook on the other side until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Meanwhile, blend 150 mL of the plant-based alternative to yoghurt with the blackberries into a coulis.
- Serve the beetroot pancakes with slices of kiwi, cubes of beetroot, blackberry coulis, extra plant-based alternative to yogurt and a sprinkle of hemp or chia seeds.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Vega
At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.