- 250g pack vegan rich tea
- 100g (1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp) vegan butter
- 150g (scant ½ cup) golden syrup
- 30g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 75g (heaped 1/3 cup) sultanas
- 100g (½ cup) glace cherries chopped
- 60g (1/3 cup) hazelnuts
- 400g (31/3 cups) vegan milk chocolate
- Coconut flakes to decorate (optional)
- Roughly crush the biscuits with a rolling pin and set aside
- In the microwave or in a pan melt the vegan butter and syrup together and sift in the cocoa powder
- Add the biscuits, nuts, sultanas and cherries and combine well
- Spread the mixture into a square tin
- In a microwave or in a pan melt the vegan milk chocolate and pour over the top of the cake base
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
This cake will keep if covered in an airtight container the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
TopTip: As the topping begins to set, run a knife through the cake to measure out servings before setting fully in the fridge, making it easier to cut when serving.
Per serving (101g) Calories: 368, Carbohydrates: 40.5g, Sugars: 27.4g, Fat: 22.1g, Saturates: 9.9g, Protein: 2.4g, Salt: 0.28g
Taken from July 2018 (Issue 40) Vegan Life Magazine