This quick and easy curry is an ideal way to use up leftovers and serve up a Boxing Day treat without lots of cooking. Serve with rice for a quick and easy supper.
- 1 tbsp Thai 7 spice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 or 2 red chilli, finely diced
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 120g (1 cup) mange tout
- 125g (1 cup) baby corn, halved
- 450g (2 cups) leftover seitan roast, sliced
- Toast the dry spices, including the lime leaves, in a frying pan, add the oil then add the garlic and ginger and cook through for 1 minute. Add the tamarind, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, brown sugar, lemongrass paste, chilli and coconut milk. Bring to a low simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, fry the onion, pepper, mange tout, baby corn until cooked, then add the seitan to warm it through.
- Carefully remove the cinnamon stick from the curry and pour over the cooked vegetables and seitan, then stir to combine. Serve with rice or griddled pak choi.
Top tip: If you have any leftover cooked vegetables such as carrots and green beans why not use those instead of the mange tout and baby corn.
Per serving (352g) Calories: 242, Carbohydrates: 25.8g, Sugars: 14.5g, Salt: 2.7g, Fat: 7.5g Saturates: 1.2g, Protein: 20g
Taken from December 2018 (Issue 45) Christmas Cooking – Vegan Life Magazine
Recipe courtesy of: plantbasedmag.com