Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1.5kg red cabbage, trimmed and sliced into 10 wedges through the core
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 15g whole almonds
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Space the cabbage wedges out on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp oil. Scatter over the chilli flakes, season and roast for 40-45 minutes, carefully flipping the wedges over with a spatula halfway through, until tender and browning in places.
- While the cabbage cooks, put the parsley, almonds, garlic, lemon juice, 2 tbsp water and the remaining oil in a mini food processor or blender. Whizz until a rough pesto forms; season.
- Serve the cabbage wedges with the pesto spooned over; you can add crumbled goats’ cheese and toasted flaked almonds, if liked.