This gently spiced, warming soup is perfect for autumn. Pair with some crusty bread or chapatis for a hearty meal.
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 680g medium carrots, trimmed, peeled, sliced lengthwise and cut
into 2.5cm (1 inch) pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, quartered and sliced into 2.5cm (1 inch) chunks
- 400ml tin full-fat coconut milk
- 480ml (2 cups) water or broth
- Half a lemon, juiced
- Fresh coriander, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Mix the curry powder, salt and olive oil together in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the carrots and onions to the bowl. Toss to coat, and then pour it all out onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake until the vegetables are very tender and just beginning to caramelise, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them to a large pan.
- Add coconut milk and water (or both). Let the mixture simmer for just a few minutes.
- Then, working in batches, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and warm. Add lemon juice and fresh coriander before serving.
Per serving (305g) Calories: 130, Carbohydrates: 17.8g, Sugars: 11g, Salt: 3g, Fat: 5.9g, Saturates: 0.8g, Protein: 2.6g
Taken from November 2018 (Issue 44) Vegan Life Magazine