Roasted Tomato and Broccoli Pasta
To celebrate Plant Power Day on the 5th March, Alpro has created this tasty and simple recipe for Roasted Tomato and Broccoli Pasta. The day is all about inspiring the nation to ‘Go Big On Plants’ by adding more plant-based foods to their plates, all day – because this way of eating is good for people, and good for our planet.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- Few sprigs thyme
- Olive oil
- 400g spaghetti
- 400g Tenderstem broccoli
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chill flakes
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 1L Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
- ½-1 lemon, juice
- 50g pine nuts
- 40g cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 40g almonds, roughly chopped
- Large bunch of fresh basil leaves
- A drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Put the garlic cloves and whole cherry tomatoes on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, thyme and toss through olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until blistered and a little coloured, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta to pack instructions. Add the broccoli florets for the last 3 minutes of cooking time, then drain and set aside.
- In a large deep saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and add the onion. Gently fry for 5-8 minutes until softened and a little coloured. Add the chilli flakes and flour and fry for a few minutes until bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink. Stirring all the time, then put over a medium heat and stir regularly until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Toast the pine nuts, cashews and almonds together until golden in a small non-stick frying pan.
- Toss the spaghetti and broccoli through the sauce. Top with the roasted tomatoes, toasted nuts, a handful of fresh basil and drizzle of olive oil.
Recipes and Image courtesy of Alpro
Use #PlantPowerDay to share your creations on social media